Workshop of construction for an illuminating installation with bamboo structure
20•21•22nd August 2018 • Festival Seminaria • Maranola (LT)
Precarious Architecture (Venice) and Natural Born Builders (Versilia) in collaboration with the Association of Architects of Latina, organise a self-construction workshop in Maranola (LT), with the aim of creating a large luminous bamboo structure. The course includes a theoretical part in which the members will be able to know and deepen the bamboo material: characteristics of the plant, cultivation, harvesting, drying, physical characteristics, methods of use. The project, the construction techniques, the program and the organization of the laboratory will also be illustrated. During the practical part, the students will learn the working techniques and will be guided in the realization and assembly of the luminous structure. The illuminating object will be suspended at an appropriate height and will be left on display during a period agreed with the host organization.
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at citizens, students, professionals and anyone who wants to try a weekend in the construction of a useful and fascinating craft work, learning the basics and the tricks to use the bamboo as a construction material. Through participation in the workshop, members will develop sufficient knowledge to independently manage projects with bamboo.
- Seminar “Designing and building wooden buildings and straw bales in Italy, today” (4 CFP Architects) • 20th August 2018 • h.9 am – 1 pm • A counter-current market, in continuous expansion, that of wood and straw houses in Italy. The result of a nearly ten-year experience of an artisan in the sector, the seminar will review the different construction systems, the peculiarities of the straw in construction, the design and construction phases of a wood and straw building nowadays in Italy.
- Seminar “Bamboo: plant, uses and transformations in architecture and design” (4 CFP Architects) • 20th August 2018 • h.2 pm – 6 pm • After an overview of the botanical characteristics of the bamboo and the physical of the reeds, the multiple uses in the most disparate production sectors will be illustrated. Then we will focus on the use of the same in architecture as a structural or decorative element, from the joining techniques to the construction elements, with an in-depth analysis on various examples.
- Workshop “Creation of a structure / sculpture in wood and bamboo” (16 CFP Architects) • 21-22nd August 2018 • h.9 am – 6 pm • The participants will create a luminous artwork that will be suspended in the alleys of the village of Maranola on the occasion of the biennial environmental art festival Seminaria Sogninterra. This work of collective construction will be one of the contemporary art installations that will form the exhibition itinerary. The participants in the work will therefore have the opportunity to be protagonists of the festival alongside the artists and curators being mentioned in the catalog and in official documentation as an active part of the event.
- Each theoretical course: 40 €
- Only workshop: 80 €
- Accommodation: apart from the registration fee
- CFP Architects in the process of accreditation
- * Reduction to € 130 for those enrolling in all courses by June 30th, 2018
** 10 € discount for students and members of the Association of Architects of Latina
REGISTRATION WITHIN 31/07/2018
Who we are
Precarious Architecture (Venice): Architecture firm specialized in the design and construction of fittings and installations with natural or recycled materials. We share the project path through collective and participatory processes, building reversible architectures with a strong environmental and ecological sensitivity. www.architettureprecarie.net
Giacomo Mencarini (Versilia): co-founder of Bambuseto and Natural Born Builders, freelance builder specialized in wood, straw and bamboo since 2009 with experiences in Italy, England, Mexico, Austria, Germany, Australia. www.bambuseto.it www.naturalbornbuilders.com
Information and registration